- Peel, slice and core the apples, or chop them up not too finely; put them with all the other dry ingredients in a basin, and stir well.
- When thoroughly mixed, add the lemon juice and the finely grated rind of a half of it; also, a little brandy or rum if liked.
- Pour the mixture into a well greased mold, and tie over a greased cloth or paper, and steam for about three hours.
- Serve with white wine sauce.
- The use of rum or brandy is optional.
- The pudding is much more tasty if one or the other is added.
- Serve both the sauce and the pudding very hot as the latter is not so delicious when cold.
This website is dedicated to food lovers. We have lots of unique and special recipes brought to you by our members. If you have other special recipes, please submit to our recipes database. Your submission is highly appreciated.